What's this blog about?

Well, we are a bunch of pastor's wives from Minnesota who want to encourage and support other pastor's wives. We meet together on a regular basis for friendship and prayer. Our desire and purpose is to pray for our marriages, families, ministiries, and each other!

Being married to a pastor is filled with amazing blessings and amazing stresses. You are NOT alone! Our prayer is that you find support and feel loved as you travel down the road that God has for YOU!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Wife of the Week - April 11th - 17th (Jenny)

Jenny

 

Mark graduated from Bethel College and immediately started working as a youth pastor at a wonderful church in Wisconsin. We started dating shortly after that. But it wasn't a "normal" dating life. We were watched by the church and especially the youth group kids. It wasn't a bad thing...it was just different. (Although, the youth group did take vote to see if Mark should marry me.) :) We got married a year later and I happily helped Mark out with EVERYTHING in ministry! We started our family soon after and I continued to be very involved in the youth ministry. Babies didn't slow me or Mark down and I was sorta proud about that fact. The babies just came along to every event. In fact, I vividly remember our first two kids swinging in baby swings while youth group was going on. (Mark and I had 4 babies in 4 years. We have 3 girls and 1 lucky boy!) :)


My role in the youth ministry changed after some crazy events piled on top of each other a couple years ago. We moved to a new church in Rochester, MN (buying/selling a home), delivered our 4th baby (Yes, I moved while being pregnant...YUCK!), a liver biopsy (not fun), and the death of my best friend... my mother (really not fun). My life became a blur and I felt like a robot. I took a year off of serving in the church and reflected on what God wanted from me. We (God, Mark and I) ultimately decided that I should leave youth ministry for a few years. There are many reasons why but the main one is our 4 young children. We had dragged them back and forth to church too many times. We went on trips and left them behind too many times. Our oldest is now 8 years old. I have learned that my kids are at an age where they desire to be at home with ME. I have actually discovered that we (me and our kids) are now better equipped to support Mark and his ministries. I started feeling pulled in so many directions and drained...with nothing left to give to Mark or to my kids. Stepping away for a time has been very healthy for our whole family and my marriage. When God tells me to go back to serving along side Mark...I will happily obey. Until then...I will love serving my 4 kids and husband and making our home a "safe place" to come, rest and be loved .  My desire is to be the best wife and mother first!


Please pray for Jenny's:
  • Marriage
  • Family
  • Church
  • Finances

Please, specifically pray for God's peace in my life. I tend to take control of our future and inform God of MY plans and what will happen next. Yes, I like to be prepared and have everything planned out. Surprises are not enjoyable for me. So, I really want to naturally relax and trust God as we travel down any road that He takes us on..

Thanks for your prayers, Ladies!