What's this blog about?

Well, we are a bunch of pastor's wives from Minnesota who want to encourage and support other pastor's wives. We meet together on a regular basis for friendship and prayer. Our desire and purpose is to pray for our marriages, families, ministiries, and each other!

Being married to a pastor is filled with amazing blessings and amazing stresses. You are NOT alone! Our prayer is that you find support and feel loved as you travel down the road that God has for YOU!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Fun Friday Favorites - Jenny

Jenny's Favorites!


Favorite Book - "The Mitford" series by Jan Karon

Favorite Movie - You've Got Mail - (Any romantic comedy...I hate sad endings)

Favorite Store - The Amish Store, The Mouse, and Hobby Lobby

Favorite Restaurant - Pizza Luce' (All I ever eat is their Ardichoke Dip!)  They have only 3 locations and the closest is over an HOUR away!  Bummer!!

Favorite Music Style - Well, when we don't have kid's music blaring and Mark isn't playing/singing...I like to listen to worship music.  Although, I have occasional moments where I don't want to hear any talking...so...classical music is good too.

Favorite Sports Team - Green Bay Packers (Born and raised in Wisconsin)

Favorite Vacation Destination - I love beaches!  My dream has always been to travel to Hawaii.  Although, I'd take any island.  That would be a nice gift for our 10 year anniversary, Mark!  (hint, hint, hint)

Favorite Thing About Being A Pastor's Wife - I love having a husband who is a "natural" spiritual leader in our home.  I benefit from his passion for God and so do our kids.  My mom was the spiritual leader in my home when I was a kid.  So, I know what life can be like if the tables were turned.

Favorite Bath and Body Work's Scent - Jasmine Vanilla (Mark, I need more...I am running out!) 

Favorite Time Of Day - I love when my kids are all snug in their beds at night.  Mark and I go on our daily "date".  We sit in bed and watch movies or play on our laptops.  :)

Favorite Season (time of year) - I LOVE Fall because I LOVE wearing jeans.  :)  I sound so weird.  Although, I also enjoy the cool nights and the changing colors.  Mark and I sit on our outdoor swing and watch the leaves fall.

Favorite Hobby - Blogging, Photography, Decorating (Mark wants me to put "Watching the Packers."  I don't think that is a hobby of mine.)  :)

Favorite Family Activity - Taking long walks...while I take photos of them...and then I blog about it!  I also enjoy watching the kids giggle as they play games like Twister.

Favorite Snack - The inside filling of a Double Stuff Oreo.  It drives Mark crazy because I waste the chocolate cookie.  I think the chocolate cookie is a waste.  :)

Favorite Bible Verse - Psalm 118:24 - "This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it."  I even have it on my wall.

Favorite Flower - I wish I had a LARGE lilac bush or Hydrangea bush in my yard.  The lilacs remind me of my mother.  She had 3 large bushes and the smell would fill our home.  The Hydrangeas make beautiful dried arrangements.




Remember, we are always looking for a new "Wife of the Week".  Contact us and we will pray for you!
Contact us at: thepastorswivesclub@yahoo.com