What's this blog about?

Well, we are a bunch of pastor's wives from Minnesota who want to encourage and support other pastor's wives. We meet together on a regular basis for friendship and prayer. Our desire and purpose is to pray for our marriages, families, ministiries, and each other!

Being married to a pastor is filled with amazing blessings and amazing stresses. You are NOT alone! Our prayer is that you find support and feel loved as you travel down the road that God has for YOU!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Wife Of The Week - April 4th - 10th - Karlee

KARLEE


This week we are privileged to pray for Karlee.  Please, read about her below...so you can better pray for Karlee and her family!

     

"Reggie and I have been married almost 5 years now, with 2 years in Rochester at Autumn Ridge church. Working with high school students has always been a passion for both of us, so we love to invest our time and energy into our youth. This, however, is also a constant prayer of creating balance between ministry and family. Reggie is from central Alabama (Woodstock - yes, believe it) and I grew up in Iowa. I teach and tutor Spanish in my home and enjoy running and leading worship with Reggie. We have been blessed with two amazing children - Selah (3) and Levi (2) - who leave me standing in amazement at how amazing God is on a daily basis. Being a young mom has its frustrations, but I can't believe how much I love my children and love to see them interacting with the high schoolers. 
God changed my life on a missions trip in Matamoros, Mexico when I was 15 years old. Since then, my heart for the lost, along with foreign missions has been overwhelming. I can't wait to see how God develops Reggie, myself and our children here in Rochester based on our experiences that have caused us to fall in love with Christ."

 
Please pray for:  
  • Karlee and Reggie's Marriage
  • Karlee's and Reggie's Two Children
  • Karlee's and Reggie's Church and Youth Group
  • Karlee and Reggie's Finances

Karlee asked for specific prayer in these areas:

Prayer request for ministry: "Reggie and I are currently co-teaching a 12-week series on relationships (friendships, guy-girl relationships, future marriage prep, etc.) Please pray not only for the open hearts and active minds of the students who hear the information, but also for Reggie and I as we work together preparing the series (basically that we don't kill each other in the process). We are a few weeks into the series and have had a tremendous amount of positive feedback. We will really be challenging them with some tough decisions in the near future, so also pray that there is no miscommunication among the students, us and parents. Thanks!"
Prayer request for family: "Please pray that I do not get overwhelmed with financial struggles. We know that church ministry is what we have been called to do, along with me staying at home, but I struggle with not being concerned about our needs being met."





If you would like to be featured as the "Wife Of The Week", please email us at:

thepastorswivesclub@yahoo.com

We would love to pray for you and your family!